I have been tagged by my lovely friend Tarah…So here is what you get, 10 random things about me that some of you may or may not know.
HERE'S HOW YOU PLAY. ONCE YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED YOU HAVE TO WRITE A BLOG OF TEN WEIRD, RANDOM THINGS, FACTS OR HABITS ABOUT YOURSELF. AT THE END, YOU CHOOSE FIVE PEOPLE TO BE TAGGED, LISTING THEIR NAMES AND WHY YOU CHOSE THEM TO BE TAGGED. DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE THEM A COMMENT "YOU'RE IT" AND TO READ YOUR BLOG. YOU CAN'T TAG THE PERSON WHO TAGGED YOU. SINCE YOU CAN'T TAG THAT PERSON BACK, LET HIM OR HER KNOW WHEN YOU'VE POSTED YOUR BLOG SO HE OR SHE CAN READ YOUR ANSWERS
1. I do not read the back of the book before I read it. Yes, I do indeed judge a book by its cover! When I need a new book to read I just go to the library and grab the first thing in whatever section I am in. It’s strange, I know. Along those lines I read about 2-3 books a week. Where do I find time to read?? During the boys naptimes and before I go to bed. Besides, it only takes me about 2 hours to read a book.
2. My third toe is longer. Due to teasing g all of my life from my little sister, Allison, I have devolved a complex. Are my toes funny? I think that they look pretty normal. I will admit that they look strange in sandals.
3. I HATE to wear socks. If I must wear closed toed shoes I wear Converse but you will usually see me sporting a pair of flip flops (even during the dead of winter). This whole jogging thing is throwing me for a loop. I learned the hard way that you must wear socks while jogging!
4. I don’t mix foods. I don’t even like to have food touching on my plate. It grosses me out and I have a hard time eating it.
5. I have never eaten an entire group of foods that people find very normal and yummy. These foods are Ranch dressing, vanilla yogurt, and vanilla ice cream… The list goes on and on. Pretty much if it is white I will not eat it! Random I know!!
6. I have many best friends and people think that I use the term loosely but to me these people are my best friends and I adore each and every one of them. I don’t believe in having one best friend I believe in having many. These so called best friends are so varied in nature that it never works when I get more than two in the same room. Eden, don’t worry, you still are my very bestest friend in the whole wide world even though you put crayon shavings on my desk on the 3rd grade! I cannot even begin to tell you how much I LOVE all of my friends. Due to the large numbers of bestest friends, I have made a rule that I have to know you for at least 5 years to bump you up to the special bestest club!
7. I have three sisters and we have never been on the same room together. Super sad and would make for a good Oprah show I know. Don’t tell anyone but my dad always told me that I was the coolest one!!
8. I stalked my husband. The first day I met him I knew that I was going to marry him and he did not even look or talk to me. We have been together over 6 years and I still think that he is the most precious person on the planet!
9. I have lived in well over 20 houses in my lifetime and I am not even 30!!
10. I act tough and strong but I am not. This whole thing with Alex is killing me and everytime is referred to as disabled I cry and get mad but of course I internalize the whole thing. In my heart I know that he will catch up!! I do this whole tough/positive/super optimistic thing all of the time but I think that I am doing it to make myself feel better!! Don’t they eat the weak in nature??
My five tagged people are...
Megan H the great!!Carrie M,Lady Blognanimous, Meredith &Zac and Jenny
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
I am so sorry that I have been such a bad blogger! What can I say? My hands are super full
Pretty good news with the family…
Jack went to the doctor yesterday and his ear infection is gone. This is wonderful news for him because this was the last infection for him before the referral for tubes in his ears. We are now out of the “sick” season so hopefully we are done with ear infections for awhile!!
Alex had an appointment at the same time and he too is doing better. For those of you who I have not told, Alex has been referred to a physical and occupational therapist because he is developmentally delayed. The doctor said that he is doing tons better and is very happy with the progress that he is making. Wahoo! We were happy to hear such positive news about both boys. Alex was also weighed and measured and he is in the 85% for his height and weight. We have known all along he was going to be a big guy. There will be a time in the near future where Alex is taller than Jack (25% for height)!!
We took both boys to the zoo for an Easter egg hunt on Saturday and it was super fun. I was not sure how Jack was going to do and was not sure that he would understand what to do, but we were pleasantly surprised. He totally understood to pick up the eggs and put them into his basket. We have another egg hunt to go to this weekend so we have been working on speed and consistency! True story, Scott purchased “dummy” eggs for Jack to practice with and we are expecting a full basket after this Saturdays hunt! Poor Jack has to do all of the work while we eat his candy. Thanks Little Man!
Blog stalkers, leave me a comment if you read this. I can tell that people are reading but I have no idea who!! I love comments!!!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
It’s that time of year again…
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!
I love a good cookie and for me there is not much better than those tiny carbohydrate filled, preservative hiding, trans fat packed, bites of heaven. I can’t get enough of them!!
Scott came home a couple of nights with an entire bag filled with those pretty colored boxes of goodness. I tried to play it cool and remain calm as I dug through the bag as I was looking for the thin mints but I freaked. I ate SOO many cookies that night I got sick. I really have no self control when it comes to cookies. I am so bad that I had to have Scott hide the cookies from me because I knew that I would nibble on them all day.
Our garage door broke yesterday so when the guy came to fix it today I was digging through the garage looking for them. I am sure that the guy thought that I was nuts until he asked me what I was doing. Once I told him he actually helped me tear through the garage! Needless to say we couldn’t find them I did however enjoy looking at the super cute garage door repair guy dig through my belongings. It was very Desperate Housewives. He was very attractive with his curly hair, I wonder if Scott did that on purpose, he knows how I feel about curly hair guys!!
On a sad note, Jackson has another ear infection. My poor little man. If these antibiotics don’t work the next step is tubes in his ears. The thought of him going through surgery breaks my heart!!
Alex is getting so big! I cannot believe that he is 2 months old already! The time is flying by and it is kind of making me sad that he is growing so fast. I know that this is the last time that we will have an infant so I am cherishing every moment. He is now smiling and trying to pull himself up on his arms. Pretty soon he will be rolling over! Big news!! He is sleeping for 5 hours in a row at night. Thank goodness. I need all of the energy that I can get these days.